Wednesday 19 January 2011

Car plans, holiday plans and totally rubbish mail

Wednesday, 19 January 2011

So, here we are again, another week without Christmas post and another new postman who has added an extra dimension to the delivery service.  He knocked on the door yesterday to apologise for putting all my post through next doors letterbox, but explained it was his first day in the job. Great, so a postman with an inability read numbers, just what we need.  He has the bizarre habit of walking up the middle of the road with the post trolley then abandoning it so cars have to go around it..........Most odd.  Today however he was more successful and I have received two letters.............although I fully expect one of the neighbours to knock later with the rest of the post.  Still no Christmas backlog post though.  No reply either from the customer service (what a joke) department of the Royal Mail.  I imagine my letter has been lost on the way due to the totally crap service we are having.  I did sign off my letter wishing them Easter greetings as I said my hopes of them getting it before then were not high.

However, on a happier note the holiday plans are coming along nicely.  Looks like the train to Italy this year with possibly the sleeper train from Paris to Rome then plenty other city locations to explore for a couple of weeks.  This of course is in addtion to France for a week earlier in the year and a music festival in between.

New car is beckoning too. Well I say new, it will be new to me.  Going to view one this evening at the car supermarket place so hopefully will do the deal then.  Decided to replace the broken speaker covers in the existing jalopy (a hazard when it is a working car with little folk inside kicking at the doors) did the first one to see how it would hold and superglued my thumb.  It is currently shiny (not sticky) and I daresay in time it will wash away.

This is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment