Wednesday 13 July 2011

Jackpots, old girls and who hid the podium?


Jackpots, old girls and who hid the podium?

I had hoped to report my large Euromillions win this week, the £166,000,000 one.........however I won the princely sum of £2.90.  There was only one winner of the jackpot and they live in the UK, just sadly not at my address.  My parents do not appear to have been the big winners either, although I feel my Dad might be fibbing as I spotted him wheeling a barrow of gold bars along the high street earlier today.
I received an interesting email the other day from someone called Eterina.  On reading it, she thought she was writing to a man (okay, I can cope with that), rambled on about loving the UK and how she wanted to live and work here, then the crunch question................could I send her some money by transfer to pay for her flight from Belarus?  Errrrr that will be a no then.
Last weekend I was at Silverstone for the British Grand Prix weekend.  As usual it was a great event, however having paid £300 for my three day platinum pass I had expected to see the podium presentation.  The new building which was purpose built over the past year has been designed with the podium around the corner from the pit straight grandstand.  Ludicrous idea........we had to watch it on the screen in the same way as being at home.  I was not the only one to voice my displeasure and my letter of complaint about this and a couple of other items is on its way to the powers that be.  Having said that, tickets for 2012 have already been ordered in the hope that the situation will be rectified.
There is a school reunion being planned for the ‘old girls’ from my secondary school.  Most of us have not seen each other since at least 1979 so it will be interesting to see how we have all changed and what we have been up to over the years.  There are many other people to track down but for now we can have a small gathering and see if anyone knows where the others are.  Sadly, at least one of our class has passed away at too young an age.
I have been basking in the glorious July weather this week................not.  Why do I need to wear winter jumpers and boots at this time of year?  At least I am saving money on the water bill as the garden is getting plenty rain on it.  Perhaps by the time the clocks go back we will finally get some decent temperatures.  I can live in hope (with a warm woolly on).

No comments:

Post a Comment