Wednesday 23 November 2011

Bad drivers, those above the law and chav TV

I am constantly amazed at the bad driving I witness on a daily basis.  I do not claim to be faultless myself on the road and will also admit to having parked on yellow lines on occasion, however.........having nearly been wiped out last week by a bus driver I cannot comprehend how some people have actually got away with it for so long.  This particular bus driver chose not to use a roundabout, but instead drove straight over it diagonally, and furthermore took it upon himself to rewrite the right of way rules (me being on his right).  He eventually stopped his charabanc literally a whisker away from the entire side of my car – I am just glad I was stationery at the time otherwise the outcome could have been so much worse.  Needless to say I contacted his company and reported the incident, although a week later and I have yet to receive a follow up call or letter.
Later the same evening and along the same stretch of road, some hoodlum had the bright idea of shining a laser pen at me as I approached.  Fortunately the beam bounced off the floor into my face so reduced the effect a little.  I reported this to the local police and cannot fault their response; they even telephoned me first thing the following morning to check my vision was not affected.
Outside my house there is a traffic island and a bend in the road designed to slow down traffic.  However, all day long people find it acceptable to drive on the wrong side of the road to save a nanosecond of time.  It is an accident waiting to happen and is not confined to local residents but also delivery drivers, parcel trucks, post office vans and even the refuse collectors.  Stop it you eejits, you are out of order.
By far the worst type of bad practice on the roads that I encounter every time I do the school run is parents who don’t give a toss about their children’s safety.  By this I mean those parents who either think it is perfectly okay to let their youngsters travel unrestrained in the car, or worse still, standing up between the front seats.  For goodness sake, back in the 1970’s this was common practice as safety standards were non-existent, but today not only are we aware of the risks it is also AGAINST THE LAW.  School car parks are not exempt from bad driving either.  I recall an incident a couple of years ago where I reversed out of a parking spot in a local school.  I had checked my mirrors to make sure the area was clear and was reversing slowly when.............BANG!  My rear bumper made contact with the bull bars on a Range Rover.  I checked the (securely strapped in) children in my car were alright then got out to see if there was any damage.  Considering I was travelling slowly I still ended up with a large dent in the car due to the bull bars and the speed at which the woman had appeared.  The crowning moment was her reaction “You made me call the wrong number........” Errrrmm hello you ignorant woman, it is against the law to use the phone when travelling.  Why do some people believe they are above the law?
I caught an episode of the Jeremy Kyle show recently..........or Chav TV as it should be known.  I quite like JK and what he tries to do for folk but where on earth does he get his guests from?  Sadly the clientele show all that is bad in Britain today and quite frankly social services should be on standby to place the children from these dregs of society into loving homes.  The amount of young women who appear on the show for DNA testing on their children to prove paternity is shocking.  There are often three or four potential fathers................it appears to be normal practice.  I know JK is getting well paid for his show, but listening to the excuses, lies and general nonsense spouting forth from the mouths of the participants must be depressing after a while.  The shouting and bad attitude between the guests makes Eastenders appear to be full of happy-go-lucky families.  Is Britain the only nation to have such a pool of degenerates or is it just that we like to wash our dirty tracksuits in public?

No comments:

Post a Comment