Thursday 18 November 2010

Bags and Night Viewing

Why do charity collectors feel the need to clog up my letterbox with their donation bags? Today I have had four stuffed through, none of which are for any recognised organisation so they have found a new home in the kitchen bin.  Don’t get me wrong, I do fill the bags for the local Air Ambulance as they provide such a worthwhile and important service – why is there no funding for them? – but I will not donate to the latest trendy so-called charity such as The Two Left Footed And Unusually Long Toed Green Spotted Monkey..............well actually I have yet to receive a bag for them, but you get the idea, organisations who try to coerce us into parting with our old kit for causes nobody has actually heard of.  Even more frustrating is the way bogus collectors nip round in clapped out old transit vans and swipe the bags intended for others.  Just let them try that with MY bags.
Update on the ice rink that purports to be a car park at Waitrose.......joy of joys, the contractor has gone bust to the tune of £35 million.  Looks like we will be stuck with an unfinished job for the foreseeable future so no chance of any improvements being made to the slippery surface.  Will order my crampons later so I can negotiate the area more safely.  On the plus side, Waitrose head office has emailed me in response to my letter to say they are investigating my issues.  They are obviously as yet unaware of my penchant for writing complaint letters and my success rate in resolving issues.  Seems a shame to tip them off about it as it makes such good sport.
Have registered my interest in tickets for the London 2012 Olympics.  Apparently I will be notified of the next step in the procedure once the tickets go on sale in March next year. I had to indicate what events I am interested in seeing although there is no guarantee that I will be allocated a seat for any of them.  Whilst I would prefer to watch something like the gymnastics or athletics, I may well be given something else such as archery or tiddlywinks.  Please God, do not send me tickets for the football, any donkey events or the sack race.
Here is a conundrum..............why is the best television viewing on during the middle of the night? Every evening all the mainstream channels screen soaps, reality shows (starring non-entities), the news, football and repeats of Coast or property buying programmes (where hardly anyone ever actually buys a gaff to set up home in).  However, tune in around 4 a.m. and the highly ‘entertaining’ Emergency Bikers or World’s Strictest Parents can be found.  I am lucky with this though, as being a poor sleeper I need all the nocturnal distractions available to save counting the same flock of sheep over and over.
Great news on the computer virus................it has been successfully killed off without the need for medication either on my part or the pc’s.  There were several Trojan infections – once again this issue I have with all things equestrian caused.  They should all be sent to the glue factory post haste.
This is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment