Sunday 14 November 2010

Well...........here we go with my first venture into the world of blogging. 

Having been coerced into this by a few folks who have already dipped their toes (or in fact a whole foot) willingly to try to bring some amusement and/or alternative thinking into daily life, I have decided to give it a go!



The past week has been a typical one in my world.  Apart from working most days from 07:30 until 18:00 (oh the joys of self employment), I have managed to fit in a visit to meet my friends new baby; had two friends visit me with their babies; went to a roller disco party for a 9 year old (great fun especially as I didn't put skates on...........my last attempt at such frivolity resulted in a visit to A&E and crutches for two weeks); finished my toy shopping for Christmas (praise be to Tesco for their double clubcard points exchange scheme); wrapped said gifts during the two hours of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (good result for Red Bull, would have preferred Lewis Hamilton to have done the job and won, but hey at least it wasn't Alonso); ploughed through a mountain of paperwork; went to the Remembrance Day service in town (very well done as always); checked on both my parents who have been a little poorly (seem to be on the mend fortunately); and had a visit from the British Gas engineer to service my equipment (ooo err missus) - this in itself was tricky as I had to stare at him as he got out of the van to ensure he was not one of the 4 engineers I have banned from ever entering my property again - in fact he was very helpful, sorted out the timeclock which has a mind of its own as to what time it cares to show, fixed the radiators where the thermostats had seized up over the summer and carried out a proper service of the boiler.  He can come back again next year.

Unfortunately, the only thing I failed to accomplish this week was to buy the winning ticket on either the Lotto, Euromillions or Thunderball.

Looks like it is back to work again this week then!





No comments:

Post a Comment