Sunday 28 November 2010

More bags, Mrs Barnaby and living in a freezer

Another day, another three charity bags for obscure organisations, never mind the bags are useful for bin contents and saves wasting a perfectly good black bag.
Here is a thought...................Midsomer Murders.  Who on earth would ever buy a house in the area (although I daresay the prices are pretty cheap) when every week there are three or four murders? Has anyone else ever noticed that Mrs Barnaby always knows the victims and their history?  Hmmmm, methinks she knows too much. Mark my words, when the series comes to an end she will be unmasked as the real murderer of all the folk over the years.
Have become very old fashioned this week and started to knit (yes, knit!) a long waistcoat thing.  Not sure if anyone actually wears hand knitted things these days but why ever not I say?  The original intention was to knit a pattern I did about 20 years ago. Perhaps I should have had this idea a bit earlier as the wool company no longer exists and I cannot get the same wool.  Now knitting a different item but it is progressing well – easy and quick which is what I wanted.  Watch this space to hear how is turns out.
Snowy days are on the way, rumour has it by the weekend we will be ankle deep in the stuff.  Am sort of prepared, sledge is out, warm clothing out, silly hat collection ready and waiting, freezer stocked with bits of interesting food................the only thing not ready will be the local authority with grit etc.  If the last snowfall is anything to go by then I will not see the road outside my house for two weeks.
The Christmas cards are written in readiness for posting on 1st December as is the tradition.  Need to do a sample one and get it weighed for postage as Santa is unlikely to have the time to pick them up and deliver on the rest of his rounds come Christmas Eve.   The way the postage prices are rocketing it would almost be cheaper to deliver them myself and would prove a good excuse to have a holiday to the various far flung places my cards go to.  I refuse to resort to emailing my Christmas greetings as there is nothing better than getting cards through the door to take the sting away from brown envelopes arriving at the same time.  Also, the stamps this year feature Wallace and Grommit so they are at least fun (if a little expensive fun.....).  Religious stamps are available too as apparently religion has something to do with Christmas.
Time to retire to the upper floor where it is warmer.  Even at 25 degrees setting my house is freezing downstairs.  I am seriously starting to believe it is built over an ancient burial site.
This is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment