Monday 22 November 2010

Money in, money out and a nice lie down

What a great start to a Friday! Received payment from bank for oversold PPI so more funding for the next holiday.  All I need now is the winning lottery numbers tomorrow.
Excellent afternoon outing to the nurse to have verucca frozen.  Ten minutes or so to have a catch up and put the world to rights whilst my foot rested on her knee and was blasted with the magic flask contents.  Love it! Never hurts, could sit there all day in the warmth of the treatment room. Seems to be doing the trick too – fourth visit so far.  Not had as much fun since my last crop of the little critters when there were over 50 to blast into oblivion. This latest experience has taught me never to walk around the local swimming pool without flip flops superglued to my feet.
Waitrose have been really efficient in investigating the skating rink and have confirmed works are to recommence in a few days.  Let us hope that this company is more solvent than the last one. Extra drainage is going to be put in too................have they actually listened to the public? I am sure I am not the only one who has complained.
Christmas shopping all but done now, just a couple of folk to buy for if only they would give me a clue as to what they would like.  Okay, I’ve yet to make my own Santa list but I am easy to buy for aren’t I? Apparently not, according to those in the know. Hmmmm.  Still not managed to book a trip to Lapland to go to Elf School but I guess there is always next year.

......................and so we arrive at Monday morning....................

Started the week at the dentists for one of my regular days out for root canal work.  Discussed the international football match between England and Bulgaria in September (dentist is Bulgarian) and we came to the conclusion that footballers should be paid by results.  That would probably put half the premier league ‘stars’ on minimum wage.  Had a nice relaxing hour laying back, eyes shut listening to the radio as he drilled, filled, sucked in his breath builder-estimate-style, and said hopefully next week this one will be finished (hmmm fourth visit coming up then another one to start).  All this work is great value on the new NHS banding, only £45 for the lot.  This is far cheaper than the tyre I had to stop and order on the way home having found a large nail in my newest one.  Typical, I never get a nail in a tyre with low tread.
Time to get the snow clothes out in readiness for the avalanche expected this week.  Sledge is geared up for hauling shopping home.  Sky already looks full of something snowy although no snow is forecast until Thursday-ish.  Perhaps it is having a rehearsal.
Christmas lights in town are on the lampposts and are due to be switched on this weekend I believe.  Guess that means the fat chap in the red suit will be soon around to visit shouting “ho ho ho” and wrecking the roof tiles with his sleigh runners. I am not one of the bah humbug brigade – quite the opposite!  If you stop believing in Santa then how will you get any presents?  It must be Santa who brings the presents as Argos don’t deliver on the morning of 25th December and certainly never wrap stuff.

This is all.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete